Splat is an established name in the hair dye industry. This is because of the bright colors and long-lasting formulas that could earn you hundreds of compliments in a day.
This looks promising until some dye touches your scalp, skin, or hands and you don’t know how to take it off. Splat dye could be difficult to remove because the pigments are “long-lasting”.
Read on to find 7 ways you could use to easily remove splat due from your skin.
Tips on How to Remove Splat From skin
Removing splat from your skin might not be difficult if you use the right method. Here are 7 tips that might help you;
● Olive oil / Baby Oil
Olive or Baby oil is one of the easiest ways to remove hair dye from your skin effectively. The oil helps by breaking the components of the pigment, then the colors would fade away.
- Apply about a teaspoon of the oil to the stained area. The amount of oil you apply depends on the size of the stain. You might need more than a teaspoon.
- Use a cotton ball to gently rub the oil across the area. Continue running until the dye starts facing away. This might take several minutes.
- When most of the dye has been removed, use a new cotton road to wipe off the excess oil and remaining dye.
- Put some amount of soap on the skin, preferably mild soap. Add a small amount of water to form a lather. Then wash and rinse the theme area.
- Dry the area with a clean towel.
- Pycnogenol For Skin: How To Use, Benefits, Side Effects.
- What Causes Tiger Stripes On Skin And How To Remove Them
- 10 Tips On How To Remove Bandage Adhesive From Skin
- 4 Tips On How To Remove Nail Glue From Skin
- 15 Best Treatment Methods For Penis Peeling and Its Causes
● Mix Baking Soda And Dawn Dish Soap
When you combine these cleaning ingredients, they could make a powerful dye remover. Although the mixture could cause a little abrasion, it does the work perfectly.
- Mix baking soda and dawn dish soap in equal amounts in a small bowl.
- Wash the stained area with soap and water. Also, clean your entire face to remove every dirt and debris.
- Next, apply the baking soda mixture to the affected area in even amounts.
- Then use a damp washcloth to massage the mixture into the skin. Do this for about 2 minutes, and the hair dye would start coming off.
- When most or all of the dye has faded from your skin, wipe the baking soda mixture off your skin.
- Then wash your skin with mild soap and water. Dry with a clean towel, and you’re good to go.
Toothpaste is another method to easily remove splat dye from your skin. Only white toothpaste can be used to do this. White toothpaste contains components, like hydrogen peroxide, that can help in breaking down these pigments
Do not try using gel toothpaste or other whitening formulas to remove dye from your skin as they might yield negative results.
- Apply a reasonable amount of toothpaste to the affected area. Again, the amount depends on the size of the affected area.
- Gently rub the toothpaste on the area in a circular manner. Do this for about 30 seconds to one minute.
- After most of the pigment has faded, wash the area with soap and water. Then rinse very well and clean with a dry towel.
- If there is still a need, you could repeat the process following these steps.
● Exfoliating Acids
These acids are used to remove dead skin cells and unclog skin pores, but they could also be used to remove splat dye from the skin.
Exfoliating acids like beta-hydroxy acids (BHA) and alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA) could cause skin irritation. So, if you have sensitive skin, please do a small patch test before using this method.
- First, wash the area with a face or body. This would help the acids work better.
- Next, apply a BHA or AHA serum to a cotton pad. Then apply it to the affected area. Ensure to not use the pad on bruises, cuts, or other skin tears.
- After a few minutes, rinse the area with plain and clean water. Then dry with a clean towel.
Alcohol could be used as a dye remover. This method could remove splat dye stains from your skin in less than 30 seconds.
However, it is best to use alcohol on only small stains as it could dry your skin quickly. It also emits a strong and unpleasant odor. But if you want to remove the splat stain quickly, try alcohol.
- Apply some amount of alcohol on a cotton pad.
- Use the cotton pad to rub the alcohol on the stained area repeatedly. Do this until the sarin fades away.
- Once the pigment fades, remove the alcohol from your skin by rinsing your skin. Then pat dry with a clean and dry towel.
- You could repeat the process if necessary.
● Make-Up Remover cream
Make-up remover cream is a better option than the others because it removes the dye and moisturizes your skin while doing that. Unlike other substances like alcohol and exfoliating acids that might dry your skin out.
Also, make-up remover was made to contain ingredients that specifically break down pigment and release them from the skin.
- Put some amount of make-up remover on a clean cotton pad.
- Use the cotton pad on the affected area until most or all of the dye color fades away.
- You could also apply the make-up remover directly on your skin with your fingers. Then remove the excess cream with a cotton pad.
● Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is an effective cleaning agent that can be used to remove pigment from any surface, including your skin. However, it is also a corrosive substance and should be used carefully. Only use 10-volume hydrogen peroxide, and do not allow it anywhere close to your eyes.
- First, put on some gloves (hydrogen peroxide is a corrosive substance).
- Then pour some amount on a clean cotton pad. Gently rub the pad over the stained area.
- Remove the excess substance with a dry cotton pad and wash the area. Then pat dry with a dry, clean towel.
To prevent skin irritation, do not let the hydrogen peroxide sit on your skin for too long.
- Freckles On Dark Skin: Everything You Need To Know
- How Does Humidity Affect Your Skin A-Z
- What Are Hymenal Skin Tags? Can They Be Removed?
- What is Clammy Skin? Causes, and Treatment Methods In 2022
- CARP Skin Condition All you need to know
- Tattoo on Old Saggy Skin: 15 Factors To Consider
- 10 Best Benefits and Side effects of using sugar on your skin
Splat dye gives brilliant and bright hair colors that would get the compliments rolling in for a long time. But what if the dye touches your skin?
We have explained seven easy ways you could use to remove splat dyes from your skin. While you decide which one to use, consider your type of skin, how fast you want the pigment gone, and the size of the stain.
If the stain is large, please do not use a drying agent like alcohol. You could however use this if the stain is little.